30 January 2009
Chinese New Year Street Sights
Green mango peels look like attacking octopi.
Dyed quailettes. Too small to survive.
Red balloons.
Oranges from China.
A duck seat.
An old amusement seat.
Radish cakes and various fried things.
Flowers for the devout.
Hardware store.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Popular Posts
Larong Goma
The underdog is evident as their band collections are wrapped around the top of their palms. Quezon again. We chanced upon these kids playin...
Fishy Interests and Hacking Tools
I generally avoid meat and fish sections of the market. Though I am not a meat eater, I wouldn't say I have a real flesh aversion (I st...
Breakfast at Portabaga Falls, Santa Praxedes
Everything extremely fresh: sautéed-yet-tender eggplant, a fried egg (the way I like it the few times I have it––devoid of runniness), wi...
Suman In Tsokolate
Breaking the fast in the best way possible. Every Saturday, a kakanin or rice snack vendor from Batangas sets up shop in the nearby market. ...
Backyard Farm Tobacco
Filipinos are lucky to have access to tobacco leaves in remarkably raw form. As in: whole leaves, recently harvested, then cured or dried. ...