The beautiful lady living next door to my friend one day caught me climbing up the apartment stairs. "Come here!", she commanded. And so I did. She was clutching a steel jar full of homemade sweet peanut balls, one of which she shoved onto my hand. It was objectively delicious, and doubly so because of the random kindness.
17 March 2008
Peanut Balls And The Kindness of Strangers
The beautiful lady living next door to my friend one day caught me climbing up the apartment stairs. "Come here!", she commanded. And so I did. She was clutching a steel jar full of homemade sweet peanut balls, one of which she shoved onto my hand. It was objectively delicious, and doubly so because of the random kindness.
Popular Posts
-
Arak ti basi (distilled basi ferment) and basi. It's an acquired taste. Though commonly called "sugarcane wine", I percei...
-
Kinunot-style shark. It tastes like crab, apparently. As previously mentioned, mangroves serve as a mediator between two environments (land ...
-
On a cold, damp day in San Francisco, I was sitting in a bus, hardcore fiending for some Philippine cacao. Thick, dark, not instant stuff, n...
-
Off Samar is a wonderful island called Biri. While the rest of the Philippines has a materials glut (men on bicycles selling fake DVDs aroun...