09 June 2008
All Sorts of People
Some offbeats in Puerto Princesa.
A troubled man fidgeting and talking to himself at the pier. Probably hadn't slept for days.
Some loudmouth superabrasive American wearing a shirt at the baywalk to invite discussion. He thinks Obama is a communist.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Popular Posts
A Tiny Bit on The History of Intoxicating Sugarwater in the Philippines
Arak ti basi (distilled basi ferment) and basi. It's an acquired taste. Though commonly called "sugarcane wine", I percei...
Samar Food
Kinunot-style shark. It tastes like crab, apparently. As previously mentioned, mangroves serve as a mediator between two environments (land ...
Balo-Balo Experiment
A heap of the potato-balo-balo mash with some veggies. Following my Quite General Pinoy Fermentation Post , I decided to act upon my idea th...
Headpack
A sack of rice on the head. I often think about a parallel universe where, by some twist of fate, carrying stuff on the head gained more pop...
Champurrado and Champorado
On a cold, damp day in San Francisco, I was sitting in a bus, hardcore fiending for some Philippine cacao. Thick, dark, not instant stuff, n...