03 October 2008
Carinderias, Macau-Style
Macau side-street eats.
Back from a short trip to Macau. I've officially expanded my intestines beyond tolerable levels, gaining 3 pounds in the process. Amazed at how similar our
carinderia
layouts are to theirs.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Popular Posts
Fried Rice and Fried Rice
Garnish! Yes, they like to garnish with lettuce, which I eat. Off to a rocky start as a vegetarian in Cambodia, I resorted to fried rice of ...
Indigenous Flood Warning Device
A bamboo noisemaker. Which is actually a piece of bamboo on a tree. A house along the dirt road belonged to a disaster warning volunte...
Just Another Ms. Gay
A Sangguniang Kabataan (Youth Council) poster in Taguig. Gay beauty pageants have become a common occurence across our archipelago. Pinoys a...
Type on Streets
Rice warehouse of Mindoro bigas. A recent trip down south and the handpainted text along the road. A cacao and coffee stall in Mabini. Eatin...
A Tiny Bit on The History of Intoxicating Sugarwater in the Philippines
Arak ti basi (distilled basi ferment) and basi. It's an acquired taste. Though commonly called "sugarcane wine", I percei...