15 July 2008
Jeepney Ceilings
Painted wood with some steel parts.
The only safety feature in a jeepney: padding above your head.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Popular Posts
A Bit of Carinderia Love and History
1875 illustration of a carinderia in El Oriente newspaper. I love carinderias . Whilst on long-haul buses I have a Pavlovian hunger-related ...
Indigenous Flood Warning Device
A bamboo noisemaker. Which is actually a piece of bamboo on a tree. A house along the dirt road belonged to a disaster warning volunte...
A Tiny Bit on The History of Intoxicating Sugarwater in the Philippines
Arak ti basi (distilled basi ferment) and basi. It's an acquired taste. Though commonly called "sugarcane wine", I percei...
Paglalako
Toys, combs, wallets, socks. Roving vendors are essential to life in our cities. These manlalako (peddlers), provide cheap stuff outside of...
Fried Rice and Fried Rice
Garnish! Yes, they like to garnish with lettuce, which I eat. Off to a rocky start as a vegetarian in Cambodia, I resorted to fried rice of ...