25 January 2009
Ice Biker
Bike fast.
How to get ice through the narrow intestinal roads of old Manila.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Popular Posts
Balo-Balo Experiment
A heap of the potato-balo-balo mash with some veggies. Following my Quite General Pinoy Fermentation Post , I decided to act upon my idea th...
Folk-Dancing Trannies
A trannie doing a male northern tribal dance in full makeup. A recent trip to Cebu before the Sinulog got me thinking how, in almost every ...
Champurrado and Champorado
On a cold, damp day in San Francisco, I was sitting in a bus, hardcore fiending for some Philippine cacao. Thick, dark, not instant stuff, n...
A Tiny Bit on The History of Intoxicating Sugarwater in the Philippines
Arak ti basi (distilled basi ferment) and basi. It's an acquired taste. Though commonly called "sugarcane wine", I percei...
Dosa Memories
Regular crêpes are inferior to the savory South Indian dosa . (Usually) made of rice flour and slightly fermented ground beans, they come wi...